It has been a week today since I first arrived at Beech Hall School Riyadh ,and I can honestly say that it’s been the most exciting whirlwind! It’s hard to capture in writing just how much has gone on as the team here at Beech Hall School Riyadh have been excitedly preparing for the coming academic year, but here are the top five things I’ve learned in my time here so far!
- I have clearly landed on my feet here, joining one of the most welcoming school families that I have ever met.
- Working in partnership with embassy staff is the most informative way to think about provision for international students, including considering safety for all members of the community.
- There is something so exciting about seeing newly refurbished learning spaces, which are all ready and waiting for our young learners to arrive and make full use of them.
- Growing a school from Primary into Senior provision is a fantastic opportunity to really build on the school’s sense of ethos and family as children make the transition to secondary school, which is always an exciting time.
- Parents really are actively seeking innovative approaches in education, indicating their willingness to rethink both their children’s learning experiences and their aspirations for their future. So it’s a good job we’re here to help them do just that! This is clearly reflected in our student numbers which are growing every day.
So as I end my first working week here in Riyadh, I feel very lucky to have landed here. And so does Crumb, my four-legged friend, who has loved exploring and ‘patrolling’ our beautiful campus.
If you are passing our school, please pop in to say hello!